Saturday, July 30, 2011

Oh, won't you stay/Just a little bit longer?

Oh, please please stay... (Dirty Dancing lyrics)

Yeah, they extended my trip to the Philippines. I was wondering how the heck we'd be able to teach everything we needed in only 6 weeks and they realized that, of course, it was crazy to expect people to learn a huge amount of material in only 6 weeks, so the class is now 9 weeks long. The 10th week will be our vacation, and Dan just bought his tickets to visit over the end of my stay. I'd love to post when I'm going and stuff, but figured we'd better not, since we'll have the new house in MN at the same time and I want to be sure it stays safe.

Speaking of the house: Everyone I talk to about the Philippines thinks that my trip means we're not buying a house. "But what about your house? Are you still buying it?" 

Answer: Yes. Yes, it's possible to travel for business AND buy a house, both at the same time. Luckily, our Realtor is from Manila and understands that this is an awesome opportunity, so I will just pre-sign everything for the close and grant Dan as my POA to sign for me while I'm gone.  Then poor Dan will move everything into the new house alone, which is not too different to me moving up here alone.

Good thing we got rid of most of our stuff, right?

There are some big things that I'll miss while I'm away, though. It breaks my heart to miss these things, indeed.

So here they are, in consecutive order:
-My sister's first 6 home football game as an ISU cheerleader
-Corey and Sarah's wedding in KC
-Our KC vacation
-The house close & subsequent move-in
-Our trip to a cabin up north with a bunch of friends
-My cousin Heather's wedding, which includes being a bridesmaid. Still not sure what to do with the dress. Should I wear it in Manila and video conference with everyone as if I were there? (*more on this later)
-Dan's first half marathon

-The house close & subsequent move-in
-Halloween party we were going to have

And that's about it. Who would have though 10 weeks of your life could have so many important events in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment